Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School
Research Expertise: Information technology, data mining, e-marketing and e-commerce
Associate Professor Catherine Yang focuses her research on business intelligence, data mining methods for business applications, big data, search advertising, online shopping patterns analysis, service marketing, segmentation and user profiling. Her research has been published in top-tier journals in information systems, marketing and computer science, including Marketing Science, INFORMS Journal on Computing, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering and ACM Transactions on Database Systems.
Yang received her Ph.D. in operations and information management from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. Before earning her doctorate, she earned a M.A. in managerial science and applied economics from the Wharton School. She received her B.E. in management of information systems from the School of Economics and Management at Tsinghua University in China.
- Best Paper Award, China Summer Workshop on Information Management, 2009.
- Small Grant in Aid of Research, UC Davis, 2009, 2010.
- Research Grant (around $30,000USD), China National Natural Science Foundation, 2008.
- Best Paper Nominee, China Summer Workshop on Information Management, 2007.
- Small Grant in Aid of Research, UC Davis, 2007.