Distinguished Professor and Robert W. Glock Endowed Chair in Management
Ph.D., University of Minnesota
Research Expertise: Regression analysis, model selection, high-dimensional data, time series, biostatistics, application of statistics in business.
Teaching Field: Statistics
Professor Chih-Ling Tsai is a recognized expert in the practical application of statistics in business, including regression analysis, model selection, high-dimensional data, time series and biostatistics. He has had more than 100 research papers published in academic journals relating to statistics, marketing, finance and biostatistics. He teaches courses on forecasting and managerial research methods, and time series analysis and forecasting.
Tsai earned a Ph.D. in statistics from the University of Minnesota and a M.S. in mathematics from the University of Illinois, Chicago Circle. He earned his B.S. in mathematics from Tamkang University.
- Elected Member, International Statistical Institute (2015)
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science AAAS 2015 Fellows (2015)
- Distinguished Professor in Management (2012)
- Robert W. Glock Chair Professor in Management (2005)
- Teacher of the Year, UC Davis, GSM, 1991, 1995, 1997-99, 2001-04, 2006-07, 2009-11, and 2016.
- Who's Who in the America and Who's Who in the World, Marquis Who's Who, 2000.
- 2000 Outstanding Intellectuals of the 20th Century, International Biographical Centre, 2000.
- Who's Who in the West and Who's Who in Science and Engineering, Marquis Who's Who, 1998.
- Fellow, American Statistical Association, 1996.
- 100 most prolific authors published in statistical journals (1988-93), National Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada.