Dr. Ron Fong MPH, MBA 17
Dr. Fong pursued family medicine because he considered it the specialty with lowest mediation between patients and the one with the greatest access to patients of all ages. He believes in being a partner for his patients with regard to health care and being a guide with regard to medical care. His clinical interests include obesity and chronic kidney disease.
Dr. Fong also serves as the Director of the UC Davis Family Medicine Residency Network. He sees the future family physician as being skilled in the areas of public health, advocacy and policy, and collaborations with business. He has a growing interest in healthcare journalism and is interested in patient’s perceptions of blogs. He feels privileged to work with the seven network affiliated programs and with over 200 network residents.
- M.D., Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, 1990
- B.S., UC Irvine, Irvine, California, 1984
- King/Drew Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, 1992-1993
- King/Drew Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, 1993-1997
- UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California, 2003-2005
- American Board of Family Medicine, 2000