Full-Time MBA - Leadership Program
Organizations where collaborative approaches are a “critical component” of corporate strategy are 52% faster in executing initiatives.(The Collaborative Economy, Deloitte)
Many leadership programs generally allow participants to discover their unique strengths and build on them. We take it one step further by helping you develop as a leader based on your strengths, and become a leader who relies on collaboration to complete complex initiatives successfully.
What is a collaborative leader?
A collaborative leader accepts responsibility while delegating authority, builds coalitions across stakeholders, and demonstrates values-based leadership.
A collaborative leader at the UC Davis Graduate School of Management:
- Inspires others to achieve
- Helps others to succeed
- Builds trust and brings positive energy
- Is humble and is willing to learn from others
Even before you arrive on campus, you’ll complete an initial assessment of your strengths and areas of growth opportunity through a 360° feedback exercise.
The data gathered from your 360° assessment activity provides a foundation of understanding of leadership capability and future development needs.
First-Year: Collaborative Leadership Program
Our MBA curriculum is designed so the faculty identify areas of opportunity to highlight collaborative leadership as exhibited in case studies, current events, and how our staff and students model collaboration. During orientation, you’ll be introduced to the concept of collaborative leadership and the foundational pillars and competencies unique to our community.
Post-orientation, we’ll continue to offer development opportunities through experiential, hands-on learning, case studies, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. During your first-year, you will:
- Participate in our Alumni Mentorship Program.
- Connect with top CEOs of global companies who share their leadership experiences and challenges.
- Hone your collaborative leadership skills through team projects.
- Hear from executive teams who discuss how they solved an problem collaboratively.
Second-Year: Advanced Collaborative Leadership Program
After demonstrating exemplary leadership qualities in your first year, up to 15 students will be invited to participate in the Advanced Collaborative Leadership Program.
During the advanced program, you will:
- Be paired with a senior industry leader as a mentor.
- Connect with leadership coaches.
- Encouraged to volunteer to lead student organizations.
- Become a mentor to first-year MBA students.
- Select a community service project to contribute your expertise.
You’ll earn an Advanced Collaborative Leadership certificate after completing the second-year program.