Your GSM alumni network is one of the most valuable parts of your degree. There are many ways to benefit from your alumni connections. Step 1: get involved!
Join a Committee
Alumni Awards Committee
Help select two GSM graduates annually who embrace our core values of passionate, energetic leadership, and a continued advocacy of team building and service.
Student Fellowship Awards Committee
Help select one exceptional student from each of the degree programs annually to receive a cash gift that is applied toward the cost of their education.
Become an alumni ambassador
Serve as the key contact for your class and lead the following efforts:
- Get the word out about GSM events and School updates
- Fundraise for scholarships and the GSM endowment
- Produce a quarterly class newsletter (optional)
- Help plan reunion events
Unite alumni within your company or help plan networking opportunities for your industry.
Coordinate fun and engaging activities for alumni in your region – happy hour, play dates, hikes, book/wine club, bowling!
Serve on the GSMAA Alumni Board
GSMAA Alumni Board
We believe the alumni of the GSM are a dynamic and powerful network, one that we are determined to nurture, provide resources for and among, and engage through events and volunteerism.
The board is a select group of leaders who represent the alumni population to the leadership at the school, and in turn represent the best of what the alumni community has to offer to the public.
- Attend 3 board meetings per year (Oct, Feb, May) Sat/Sun 3-4 hours. Rotates between Sacramento, Davis & Bay Area locations
- Attend at least 3 GSM events per year to represent the alumni population
- Fulfill 3-year term with consistent participation.
Benefits / Opportunities
- Great networking with fellow board members & alumni volunteers from other classes/programs. Find your next job. Find a lead for a new job for your spouse/best friend /sibling. Find a co-entrepreneur for your next endeavor. Deeper connections than simply attending events. Plus, we’re fun people.
- Each board meeting is held in a fun/unique location. Get out of your routine!
- Access & exposure to the Dean’s Advisory Council, faculty, current student leaders and invitations to special events
- Add board service to your resume
Interested? Email Kristy Peterson, Director of Alumni Relations & Network Strategy email@example.com.
Support GSM Excellence through giving
Every bit propels us upward and onward, and together alumni raise $250K+ through hundreds of small and medium annual donations.
- Increase student scholarships
- Enhance innovative research and programs
- Build our safety net for the future