Full-Time MBA Program Jumps Nearly 30 Spots to No. 54 Globally
(Davis, Calif.) — The Economist’s 2018 Which MBA? survey ranks the UC Davis Full-Time MBA program among the best in the world and North America.
Overall, the UC Davis Full-Time MBA program jumped to No. 54 globally, up nearly 30 spots from No. 83 last year.
“I am delighted to see this recognition for the quality and hard work of our faculty and staff and the professional success of our students and alumni,” said Dean H. Rao Unnava.
The UC Davis MBA is also ranked No. 39 in North America.
The Graduate School of Management’s faculty quality is ranked No. 8 globally, up from No. 9 last year and a steady rise of seven spots over the past four years.
The Economist’s faculty quality rating is based on the ratio of faculty members to students, the percentage of full-time faculty members with doctoral degrees and faculty rating by our students.
“I am delighted to see this recognition for the quality and hard work of our faculty and staff and the professional success of our students and alumni,” said Dean H. Rao Unnava. “It is a testament to the collaborative spirit with which they all work together to enhance our MBA experience.”
The UC Davis Full-Time MBA program rose significantly in a majority of the ranking categories, for example:
- Up 26 places for Opening New Career Opportunities (No. 71 worldwide)
- Up 23 places for Overall Personal Development/Education Experience (No. 42 worldwide)
- Up 35 places for Student Diversity (No. 58 worldwide)
- Up 13 places for Potential to Network (No. 87 worldwide)
- Up 41 places for Alumnus Rating of Career Services (No. 46 worldwide)
- Up 27 places for Alumnus Rating of Alumni Effectiveness (No. 51 worldwide)
The Economist solicited input from more than 160 business schools and students/alumni and then measured and weighted the data to calculate the overall rankings. The Economist only publishes a list of the top 100 schools.
Data were collected during spring 2018, using two surveys. The first was completed by schools with eligible programs and covers quantitative matters such as the salary of graduates, the average GMAT scores of students and the number of registered alumni. This accounts for around 80 percent of the ranking. The remaining 20 percent comes from a qualitative survey filled out by current MBA students and each school's most recent graduating MBA class.
Memory has been built into the rankings by taking a weighted average of data from 2018 (50 percent), 2017 (30 percent) and 2016 (20 percent) to provide a rounded picture of the school over a period of time.
In addition to the UC Davis Graduate School of Management’s consistent rank among elite MBA programs in the U.S., the global reach of The Economist’s results helps raise the visibility of UC Davis among the world’s top business schools and MBA candidates, especially in Europe and Asia.
- UC Davis MBA rankings profile
- View The Economist’s complete rankings
- View The Economist rankings methodology
- Learn more about all UC Davis MBA rankings
- Tim Akin, Graduate School of Management, (530) 752-7362, firstname.lastname@example.org