Per campus orders and guidelines, Gallagher Hall is operating under
Red Status: Suspended operations
last updated 01/06/2022
***The dynamic plan on this page will be updated based on guidance from university, local, state and national public health directives and orders and the collective efforts of our planning teams. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we adjust to the changes.***
Keeping our community safe and healthy will require patience, consideration and empathy. We know Graduate School of Management community members are up for the challenge. As campus guidance has changed, the GSM is operating under Suspended operations, all in-person classes are suspended per campus orders and guidelines. Please check Canvas regarding class details
Winter 2022 Instruction
UC Davis will begin Winter quarter 2022 remotely for the first four weeks of classes from January 3-28, allowing enough time for members of our community to secure a negative COVID-19 test before attending in-person activities or coming to campus.
Gallagher Hall COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
Welcome to UC Davis Graduate School of Management. In collaboration with central campus and adhering to Yolo County and state guidelines, we have established the following protocol for your safety and the safety of the community. UC Davis updated its public health policy (Interim 290-01) and removed campus-specific requirements to better align with the current county, state and CDC guidance. This policy outlines requirements that all affiliates and visitors must follow, to reduce the spread of COVID-19 on property owned/leased by UC Davis.
Classrooms and Instructional Settings
Face coverings are required for everyone indoors regardless of vaccination status.
Entering the Building
Before you arrive at Gallagher Hall, please candidly assess how you are feeling. DO NOT COME TO CAMPUS IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL. Err on the side of caution. Your instructors and GSM leaders will not penalize you for staying home.
While on campus, we expect you to follow these guidelines:
- Complete the Daily Symptom Survey before arriving on campus. A member of the GSM Health Ambassadors team will greet you upon entrance to the building and will ask to see your survey.
- Everyone is required to wear face coverings indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- For fully vaccinated people, the only time a face covering can be removed indoors is when that person is alone in an office with the door closed, or in a cubicle with wall heights higher than the occupant's head when seated.
- If a person is unvaccinated, they must wear a face covering indoors at all times and outdoors in crowded spaces.
- You may remove your face covering briefly to eat or drink. Eating is not allowed in classrooms, hallways, lobbies, or other public areas with the exception of removing a mask to take a quick drink. Eating is allowed in employee breakrooms, private offices, and campus dining locations. Anyone eating indoors is encouraged to maintain 6 feet of physical distance; unvaccinated individuals are required to maintain physical distance while eating or drinking in a breakroom setting.
- The GSM is providing the use of hand sanitizer upon entry to the building as well as providing hand sanitizing stations throughout the suite for your convenience.
- Stay home if you are sick.
As of December 21, 2021, all eligible UC Davis affiliates are required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccination except for those individuals who have a vaccine exemption in place. Proof of booster vaccination must be uploaded to the Health-e-Messaging portal by January 31, 2022 to comply this systemwide mandate.
Testing update: If you are fully vaccinated
For Winter quarter, fully vaccinated individuals are still required to test at least every 14 days to gain access to university-controlled facilities.
Testing update: If you are not fully vaccinated
Unvaccinated individuals must continue to get tested every four days, unless you have verified that you are fully vaccinated.
For more information on campus safety guidance.
Mandatory COVID-19 Reporting
Students and employees must immediately report a COVID-19 diagnosis or confirmed COVID-19 exposures in accordance with the current protocol found on the Safety Services reporting page. A member of the COVID-19 reporting team will quickly and compassionately respond to your report with information and support.
Enforcement and Discipline
Anyone violating policies is potentially threatening the health or safety of members of the campus community. All campus affiliates and non-affiliated using university property/facilities, or otherwise engaging in university business, must follow directives to comply with this policy by those charged with implementing and monitoring compliance.
To report non-compliance:
- Students: OSSJA Incident Report Form
- Academics: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff: The supervisor reports such misconduct to their Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) and Employee & Labor Relations (E&LR), who assist with preparing appropriate disciplinary action to be issued on a case-by-case basis.
- Questions: Please send any questions to email@example.com.
- If a person is fully vaccinated, the only time a face-covering can be removed indoors is when that person is alone in an office with the door closed, or when alone in a cubicle with wall heights higher than the occupants head when seated.
- If a person is unvaccinated, they must wear a face-covering indoors at all times and outdoors in crowded spaces.
- Occupants should sanitize their own area prior to use or when contamination is suspected.
- The door may be closed or open at the discretion of the occupant.
Stay up to date
In addition to updates provided by the Graduate School of Management, UC Davis Campus also provides information and updates to the community through the following links: Campus Information | Campus Ready