Daniel Student MBA 20
Senior Consultant, Potrero Group
Why did you choose UC Davis?
I chose UC Davis because one of the student hosts said "nobody is from Davis" (which is, of course, a small exaggeration). It felt like a full-time MBA program where people would come from around the world and want to join together and form a community. And that was absolutely my experience. I was in a moment in life where I wanted to explore and find a new career, so having that supportive environment was crucial.
Previous Work Experience
- Co-authored Don’t Lead Alone: Think Like a System Act Like a Network, and Lead Like a Movement, published by Fast Company Press
- Co-created a series of courses on Multinational Crosscultural Teams for UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education on Coursera
- Ran a historic non-profit theater company in Philadelphia for seven years and directed over thirty plays
- Served as the administrative director of an international arts service organization for global artists who perform for children and families
- B.A., Film; Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY
Three Fun Facts
- I was twice legitimately mistaken for Mark Ruffalo in film events in Los Angeles.
- On that note, you may have legitimately seen me in a national commercial or a crime reenactment show from my two-year stint in Hollywood
- I’m a third-generation vegetarian!
Published on Feb. 21, 2023.