Students are required to participate in the live virtual Student Onboarding, complete asynchronous Student Orientation modules in 2UCD, and attend one of the live Technical Trainings prior to the start of the term. Your Student Success Advisor will be in contact with additional details.
Please note that you will need the following to attend the live sessions and training:
- Computer with a webcam.
- Strong, reliable internet connection.
- Quiet location to attend the training.
1. New Student Onboarding – Live Sessions
Online MBA Onboarding will take place across three evenings in the week before the start of the term. Each evening will be focused on a different theme with the overarching goal to welcome new business students into the Graduate School of Management community. Attendance at each live session is mandatory. Event details will be sent to you weeks in advance.
2. Student Orientation Modules – Asynchronous
Once you’ve logged in to 2UCD, please take the time to complete the Orientation Course. This is a mandatory step in the onboarding process and will take two to three hours to complete. This course provides valuable program information, tech tips, practice quizzes and assignments to get you prepared for your coursework.
To access the Orientation Course:
- Log in to 2UCD.
- Click on the graduation cap icon on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click “Coursework” under the course name.
- Complete the “Welcome to MBA@UCDavis,” “Academic Program”, and “The University at Large” units.
3. Programs Expectations and Systems Overview – Live Technical Training
As your program start date approaches, you are required to attend an online information session as part of your new student onboarding. The session lasts 45-60 minutes and is held live via the Zoom platform. Your student service advisor will reach out to schedule the onboarding webinar.
The training will cover:
- The logins you will receive for the program.
- The different websites required for registration, live sessions, assignments, etc.
- Program and course expectations.
- Tasks that must be completed before classes begin.
- Tech tips and troubleshooting.
- Navigating the Zoom classroom.
- Navigating the Learning Management System — 2UCD.