Ph.D., University of Florida, Gainesville
Research Expertise: Marketing and advertising strategy, integrated marketing communications, and dynamic market response models, including preparing for product harm crisis
Courses Taught: Integrated Marketing Communications, Marketing Management, New Product Development
Consulting: Sales and brand management
- UC Davis Chancellor’s Fellow
- Led MBA International Study Trips to Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, China, Brazil and Argentina
- Co-founder of annual international Marketing Dynamics Conference
- Groundbreaking marketing research gives managers powerful tools to determine the most strategic media mix for ad campaigns and measure the effectiveness of integrated marketing communications
Professor Prasad Naik develops new models and methods to improve the practice of marketing. He has published over 40 articles in prestigious journals such as Journal of Marketing Research, Marketing Science, Management Science, Nature Reviews, Journal of the American Statistical Association, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Biometrika, Journal of Econometrics, and The Accounting Review. He serves on the editorial boards of Marketing Science, Journal of Marketing Research, The International Journal of Research in Marketing, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Marketing Letters and Journal of Interactive Marketing.
Naik is a recipient of the UC Davis Chancellor’s Fellowship, a Frank Bass Award, The Journal of Interactive Marketing Best Paper Award and an Academy of Marketing Science Doctoral Dissertation Award. He has been honored as a William O’Dell Award Finalist, a Marketing Science Institute Top Young Scholar, American Marketing Association Consortium Faculty and Professor of the Year at UC Davis for outstanding teaching. He has presented over 50 seminars at prestigious institutions such as IBM, MIT, Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Chicago, Berkeley, Rice and Darden, as well as at global conferences in Australia, Belgium, China, Canada, France, Germany, India, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and Singapore.
Prior to doctoral studies, Naik worked for several years with Dorr-Oliver and GlaxoSmithKline, where he acquired invaluable experience in sales, distribution and brand management.
Naik holds a Ph.D. from the University of Florida, an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta and a B.S. in chemical engineering from the University of Bombay.
- Best Paper Award, Journal of Interactive Marketing, 2010.
- Doctoral Consortium Faculty, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Science (INFORMS), Marketing Science, 2008.
- Doctoral Consortium Faculty, American Marketing Association, 2008.
- Professor of the Year Award, UC Davis Graduate School of Management, 2008, 1998.
- O’Dell Award Finalist, Journal of Marketing Research Editorial Board, 2008.
- Chancellor’s Fellow, UC Davis, 2004-09.
- Doctoral Consortium Faculty, American Marketing Association, 2004.
- Top 20 Young Scholars in Marketing, Marketing Science Institute, 2003.
- Frank Bass Award, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Science (INFORMS) Best Dissertation Paper, 1998.
- Doctoral Dissertation Award, Academy of Marketing Science, 1997.