Part-Time MBA - Sacramento - Career Assistance
To set you up for success after your degree, our Career Development Team begins the process on day one and have created an entire Career Development Course with a team in place to ensure your success.
No two students entering our MBA program are exactly alike and graduates have pursued a wide variety of business careers. The question is not “What are the best MBA jobs?” but “What is the best career for you?” Whether you want to start own business in the Silicon Valley or join a Fortune 500 firm, our Career Development team will help you stand out in the ultra-competitive business world.
Below are the many components within the Career Development curriculum and the resources available to you:
Career Development Programming, Tools, & Resources
- Career advisers who can provide function-specific coaching to students on cover letters, resumes, and conducting mock interviews.
- Coaching tailored on your needs, including reviewing career goals and choice, preparing for interviews, and negotiating offers.
- Webinar series and career management workshops on topics such as self-assessment, elevator pitches, networking and interviewing.
- Self-assessment tools to assess your interests, values, talents, activities, and environments that motivate you.
- Career development programming on topics such as investigating industries and job functions, leveraging social media and developing a personalized marketing message.
Strong, enduring relationships with a broad
network of more than 600 top corporations that
know the quality of our graduates.
- Company information sessions and company visits so students can learn more about potential employers
- On-campus interviewing
Internships are an essential part of the MBA experience because you can hone new skills and try out possible career paths and companies. We provide you with the support and activities to help you prepare for your internship. These include:
- Mock interviews with alumni, staff and current students
- A two-week orientation, organized by Career Development, where alumni and other top professionals share experiences about their career paths and current roles
- A curriculum that allows you to choose elective courses to help you succeed at the next level
- Access to corporate events
- Student mentors who provide career advice and information about what to expect during an internship
- Career development and self-assessment guidelines
- Career leader online assessment
- Goal setting
- SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) and gap analyses
- Expert speakers in job search, social media, case study interview prep, storytelling and professional etiquette
Your Journey As An Alumnus
True career management is a lifelong process and the Graduate School of Management is committed to assisting you in your professional growth. Some of the ways we are helping our alumni include:
- Online alumni directory – search for alumni by graduation year, location, company, industry or job function. Customize your record to show the pieces of information you want seen.
- LinkedIn group – stay connected with your classmates, fellow colleagues and faculty
- Access to our alumni online job postings
- Alumni networking groups
- Monthly e-Newsletter