Gain a thorough understanding of the dynamics of team-based work settings and your effect on group performance in a safe, learning-rich environment.
About Building and Leading Great Teams
In this program, you will be introduced to the theory and practice of building, fixing, managing, and leading high-impact teams. You will gain a thorough understanding of the dynamics of team-based work settings and your effect on group performance. During the session, you will be assigned to teams (or can attend as a team) that will exist throughout the program and provide a context for experiencing and learning about the effects of group membership and leadership first hand. You will learn important team concepts and skills from team exercises in a safe, learning-rich environment. Lecture time is minimal. Learning by doing is emphasized.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals in management or individual contributor roles who want to significantly improve their individual performance on their team, the team’s performance, or their team leadership skills.
- Individuals who lack confidence diagnosing or solving team problems or effectively leading high-impact teams.
- Individuals who understand effective team basics but desire to improve team performance.
Learning Objectives & Program Benefits
- Learn to diagnose group dynamics and determine strategic team options as a manager
- Understand how technological change affects team processes
- Learn practical interpersonal skills for implementing effective strategies for group situations
- Gain valuable experience in team creation, problem diagnosis, and driving team effectiveness in a variety of contexts. You will leave the program with the confidence and skills to optimize your own team performance, and to build and lead highly effective teams.