Part-Time MBA - Sacramento - Success Stories
Now at Rabobank, Sacramento MBA alumnus shares about marketing analytics in the financial services industry, including his 12-years experience at Wells Fargo.
- Technical Support and outside Sales for Parker Hannifin Corporation Filtration Group
- Research and Development for GKN Aerospace in Munich, Germany
- Project Management for Performance Mechanical, Inc in Sacramento
UC Davis GSM cultivated my leadership confidence and expanded my professional network internationally.
An application engineer applies his MBA skills toward moving the chip giant into a data-centric world.
The UC Davis Cal Aggie Alumni Association has recognized Sacramento MBA student and Aggie alum Rodriguez with its annual Young Alumnus Award.
A 35-year resident of Davis, Chris met his wife and fellow alum Karen in the Sacramento MBA program. He has 25 years experience founding, managing, advising, capitalizing and selling companies in the clean tech, high-tech, professional services and private equity industries. Today, he’s a solar energy entrepreneur who gives back to the GSM in many ways, most recently speaking at our Big Bang! Kick-off.
Vickie Sherman’s office is steps away from the landmark sports and entertainment arena her company named and is a centerpiece of the renaissance of downtown Sacramento: Golden 1 Center, home of the Sacramento Kings NBA franchise.
“I’m learning how to leverage my clinical experience as an RN to build high-quality, efficient and affordable healthcare delivery systems that benefit both my patients and Kaiser Permanente.”
Manager, Cardiology and Cardiac Lab Services
Kaiser Permanente | Sacramento, Calif.
Samuel Merritt College | Oakland, Calif.
“I am able to immediately apply my classroom education to day-to-day decisions at work. Now I’m a more data- and process-driven contributor. I’ve learned how to collaborate better in teams, effectively negotiate with stakeholders and—most importantly—manage time.”
My international experiences and multicultural background have had a significant impact on how I understand the world. I’ve learned to appreciate the value that divergent perspectives bring to meeting the challenges of globalization and international business. Constructive debate ensures continuous improvement, better solutions, more innovation and excellent results.
- MBA internship, Intel-GE Care Innovations | Roseville, Calif.
- Talent Acquisition Specialist, Progressive Insurance | Rancho Cordova, Calif.
B.A., Sociology, University of California, Berkeley
One of the greatest benefits of the UC Davis MBA program is the opportunity to interact with students from diverse professional backgrounds—engineers, IT specialists, even veterinarians—who bring their own methods of problem solving to the table. The program also gives me access to internationally renowned faculty members who have real-world, practical field knowledge. I see the UC Davis MBA as a means to springboard my career.
B.S., Computer Science California State University, Sacramento
- Wells Fargo Global Equity Strategy team member
- CFA Society of Sacramento Past President
- CFA Institute volunteer leader
- Co-founder and writer, Sacramento Business Review
- Past team leader, Placer County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue
- Giving back: hosts UC Davis MBA students to Shadow Days at Wells Fargo; participates
Founder and CEO, KlickNation Corp. | Sacramento, Calif.
B.S., Computer Science, California State University, Sacramento
Team Lead, Consulting Center project for the Sacramento Bee
“I learned how to recruit and build a team and shape a sustainable business. Today I’m running on the thrill of doing exactly what I want to do.”
- Medical Director, Family Medicine Clinic
- Medical Director, Family Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Program
- Department of Family and Community Medicine, UC Davis Medical Center
- Doctor of Medicine, University of California, San Diego
- MSPH | Concentration: Epidemiology, University of California, Los Angeles
- B.A., Biology, California State University, Northridge
“From operations management to business strategy to customer relation¬ship management—
“It’s important for physicians to be more knowledgeable about healthcare costs, and to be able to balance clinical effectiveness with cost effectiveness. If, as a physician, you do not get involved, someone else will start to make those decisions for you.”
The UC Davis MBA program is a fantastic fit for me. Being exposed to experienced professionals outside Intel and learning from their thought processes and viewpoints are vital to broadening my own views and approaches to business problems.
B.S., Business Administration, The Ohio State University