START THE REGISTRATION PROCESS IN RaPS
The GSM has its own registration system. GSM students do not use Schedule Builder to register for classes. You will access two different systems for registration and payment.
Below are the instructions for navigating the GSM registration process. Please contact your program manager directly with questions.
Important Tips for Using RaPS (Read before proceeding)
- Before you have access to RaPS, you must set up your UC Davis computing account (if you have not already done so). You will need your UC Davis Login ID and (Kerberos) passphrase to register.
- Registration and all GSM adds/drops/course changes are processed in RaPS (and are forwarded electronically to campus systems.
- All holds must be removed from your student account before your registration can process. Holds can be for financial issues, immunizations, or other missing requirements.
- Mobile Devices: Students should not use mobile devices to process their RaPS registration or MyBill payments.
- Dropping Classes: Students cannot drop their last class, nor can they drop classes after the add/drop deadline. If you need to drop your last class or drop a class after add/drop, contact your program manager directly.
- Student Directory: You will receive an automated prompt allowing you to update your directory one week prior to your registration group being open. Please confirm the information in the directory before proceeding to registration. This includes updating your name pronunciation in the directory.
Registration and Processing System (RaPS) Actions
Registration Dates and Deadlines
NOVEMBER 18: Registration Opens
Registration in RaPS transmits to the campus system on an hourly basis during these times:
- Monday – Friday 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Any registration request submitted outside of these times are date/time stamped and submitted as soon as the campus system re-opens.
NOVEMBER 22: Student Bills Available on MyBill
NOVEMBER 26, at 11:59 p.m.: Initial Registration Closes
Students must enroll by the initial registration deadline to ensure the receipt of their quarterly billing statement. Schedule adjustments (add/drops) can be made through the add/drop deadline.
If you do not plan to enroll this quarter, you must submit your petition for the Request to Change Enrollment Status by this deadline.
December 1: SHIP Waiver Deadline
As a UC Davis student, you are required to have health insurance and will be automatically enrolled in the UCD Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). The cost of SHIP coverage is approximately $1,740 per quarter. If you have your own health insurance for the 2022-2023 academic year, you may waive out of SHIP. For UC SHIP Waiver Application Deadlines and more information, see here.
December 15: Student Fee Payment Deadline
Students can access their bill and pay through MyBill.
Students who miss the payment deadline are subject to a registration hold.
Financial Aid Funding for course fees: Financial aid funds will be reflected in MyBill prior to fees being due (see this link for actual dates). If financial aid does not disburse as anticipated or you have questions about your financial aid, please contact Graduate Financial Aid at email@example.com.
Deferred Payment Plan: Only students who have enrolled in the Deferred Payment Plan (DPP) through MyBill may pay in installments on the 15th of each month. To apply for the deferred payment plan, click here. All other students are expected to pay in full by the Fee Payment Deadline.
December 15–20: Registration Freeze
No registration actions (add/drop) are processed during the freeze.
The freeze goes into effect on the Student Fee Payment deadline at midnight to allow payments to be applied to the student account balance due.
January 5: Instruction Begins
January 24: Final Add/Drop Deadline for Quarter
All classes, regardless of start date, must be added or dropped by this deadline to avoid the registration penalty fee.
Any registration request made after the final add/drop deadline is an exception, regardless of when the first course meeting is. If the exception is approved, you are assessed the $125 registration penalty fee.
Please note: Due to the design of the course, some instructors will not allow students to add after the first class meeting. Please contact the instructor for permission prior to adding the course.
March 18-22: Finals
You are expected to attend courses through the end of finals, including all final exams at their posted times.
April 5: Grades Available
Registration in RaPS transmits to the campus system every hour during these hours:
Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. - 7:59 p.m. Registration requests submitted outside these times are date/time stamped and submitted when the campus system re-opens.
Once the course schedule is published but no earlier than two weeks before registration opens, you can add courses to your schedule “shopping cart”. Once your registration date is reached, any courses that are in your cart will be automatically processed. The ability to add courses to your cart does not guarantee your placement in a course. Once the enrollment request processes, you will be notified of your enrollment or if placed on a wait list via email.
Use your UC Davis Login ID and Kerberos passphrase.
2. Update Student Directory
Before you enter the registration system, you must update your Student Directory information. Please update your information to your local address while attending UC Davis. You must also provide your name pronunciation.
3. Manage Schedule
Some required courses may be preloaded to your cart. Review your registration and add or remove course(s), if necessary, under Manage Schedule.
4. Adding/Dropping Courses
Add additional course(s) in Manage Schedule, then Add Courses. Select course(s) and then Add to My Schedule. To remove a course, go to Manage Schedule then click the red X next to the course.
5. Review your Enrollments
If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours, return to RaPS, Manage Schedule and check your status in the Enrollment Status column. Click on the word in that column for additional information on your current status.
Required Courses for Winter 2024:
- ACC 203 – Intermediate Financial Reporting
- ACC 213 – Intermediate Tax Reporting and Analysis
- ACC 215 – Advanced Tax Reporting and Analysis
- ACC 251 – Managerial Accounting and Controls
- ACC 253 – Accounting Information and Control Systems
UC Davis MyBill Student Bill & Payment Overview
November 22: Student Bills available in MyBill
December 15: Student Fee Payment Deadline
Quarterly payment deadlines can be viewed on the UC Davis Fees & Billing Calendar. The GSM follows the undergraduate student fee payment deadlines (Sept 15, Dec 15, Mar 15). For info on how and where to pay, visit Cashier & Payment Solutions here.
GSM students who miss the payment deadline are subject to a registration hold for future quarters.
Students can access their bill and pay through MyBill. MyBill account balances and activity are updated in real-time throughout the day. Please note that the MyBill statement is a monthly statement; it is only updated on the 22nd day of each month. UC Davis does not issue payment reminders.
- Students adding courses after the Student Fee Payment Deadline: Any additional units added after the Fee Payment Deadline may result in additional charges on a student bill. Students are expected to pay this balance immediately.
- Financial Aid Funding for course fees: Financial aid funds will be reflected in MyBill prior to fees being due (see this link for actual date). If financial aid does not disburse as anticipated or you have specific questions about your financial aid, please contact Financial Aid by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deferred Payment Plan: Only students who have enrolled in the Deferred Payment Plan (DPP) through MyBill may pay on the 15th of each month in installments. All other students are expected to pay in full by the Fee Payment Deadline or immediately upon enrolling in additional courses after the Fee Payment Deadline.
- Employer Sponsorship: If your employer will be paying your course fees directly to UC Davis, the Student Accounting Office can set up a sponsor authorization, which allows UC Davis to apply a temporary credit to your account. More info here or contact the Student Accounting Office at email@example.com.
- Refunds are processed by the Student Accounting Office. Questions should be directed to Student Accounting.
GSM Academic Calendar (including holidays)
The current calendar is available in RaPS. Go to RAPS, login and select Academic Calendar tab