Director of Recruitment & Admissions
ADMISSIONS RECRMT MGR 1
The Director of Recruitment & Admissions must be a visionary, innovative, and highly collaborative leader with the skills to create and execute strategic enrollment management plans, oversee organizational development for the admissions unit, and manage multiple initiatives. Responsible for all aspects of MBA (Full Time and Part Time programs) student recruitment, admissions strategy, and tactical execution in the Graduate School of Management. Oversees an extensive outreach recruiting program to develop a strong pool of applicants, evaluates applicants for admission in a competitive selection process, and manages overall enrollment for the GSM. Serves as a member of the School’s student affairs leadership team.
5.0 – Admissions Recrmt Spec 3
0.5 – Student Svc Advisor 2
50% STUDENT OUTREACH, RECRUITMENT AND ADMISSIONS STRATEGY
Under general oversight of the Assistant Dean, execute strategic and tactical plans to strengthen and expand the MBA applicant pools to achieve enrollment and quality targets.
Design, update, and monitor plans for international, domestic/national, and regional recruitment strategies.
Develop admissions forecasts using admissions trends and GSM data. Benchmark with/against other top business schools, summarize and analyze data, and act on findings.
Develop and monitor performance metrics for the recruiting and admissions program to assess its impact and effectiveness. Prepare regular reports, statistical analyses and summaries for admissions.
In collaboration with the Admissions Operations unit and the Marketing unit, develop selection criteria to identify students with the highest potential for short- and long-term academic and professional success.
Research, identify, select and implement tools, techniques and programs designed to evaluate and select GSM applicants.
Assure that admissions communications, relationship management, and events are strategically designed to achieve the GSM’s goals and enhance the visibility of the School in an increasingly competitive market.
Participate in professional organizations and committees at the international, national and regional level.
30% CANDIDATE RECRUITMENT AND EVALUATION
Execute an effective local, national and international student recruiting program for the Full-time, Bay Area, and Sacramento MBA programs.
Provide oversight and direction for high-profile events, all recruiting admissions materials, and related activities.
Advise potential students and the public about UC Davis GSM programs, admission eligibility and application procedures.
Direct complex admissions procedures and criteria, maintaining integrity and fairness in the selection process.
In conjunction with the Admissions Committee, develop and update admission policies, procedures, and criteria.
Interpret policies and provide advice on the formulation, implementation, including recommendations to faculty.
Evaluate 500+ applications annually, making final decisions on admission.
Ensure compliance with Information Practices Act and University of California file retention policies. Anticipate and reconcile institutional needs and outcomes related to ongoing public policy in the area of affirmative action and related issues.
20% SUPERVISION & MANAGEMENT
Supervise Associate Directors of Admissions for Part Time, Full Time, and Online MBA programs.
Monitor and manage employee performance, accountability plans, metrics reporting, and overall contributions.
Provide coaching and direction to develop staff and help them grow professionally.
Coordinate and support corporate initiatives which may include the deans, students, faculty, staff, alumni, or volunteers.
Systemically review and update technology processes to increase effectiveness and organizational efficiencies.
Work closely with other teams, departments and outside partners to achieve strategic goals.
Stand for extended periods of time.
Work occasional evenings and some weekends, occasionally on short notice.
Travel, including overnight, in state and nationally.
A valid California driver’s license required for travel locally to Davis, Sacramento, and Bay Area. Ability to travel regionally, nationally and internationally.
UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
- At least 5 years of increasingly responsible experience leading a successful admissions, recruiting, or business development program (including prospect identification and cultivation) in higher education or within a large complex institution.
- Skills to represent the Graduate School of Management and the university with a high degree of persuasiveness and effectiveness in speech and in writing with potential students and corporate executives.
- Knowledge of the admissions profession, enrollment management strategies, and methods of marketing and recruiting in a business school or graduate/professional school setting.
- Strong leadership, management, supervision, and planning skills.
- Skills to initiate and execute complex programs, projects, taskforces, data analysis, and strategies.
Preferred Qualifications for Selection:
- A Master’s (MBA) or other graduate degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In depth understanding of the corporate world, including culture, priorities, and requirements and/or corporate experience in an organization that hires MBA students.
- Skills to effectively interact with diverse constituencies and to work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff work teams, other units of the campus, and outside organizations.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, and a high degree of professional ethics.
- An enthusiasm for promoting the GSM and successful recruitment of students.